First, I want to start off by saying that I am not a huge fan of reality television. I’d rather be spending my time outdoors watching nature! However, there are those times that I like to have a healthy dose of “craziness” every so often. Can anyone say “Celebrity Apprentice?” Now, it’s not an obsession of mine, but it’s just interesting to me to watch all the wackiness that takes place. It’s a bit like a train wreck waiting to happen. And the show is not just about entertaining the viewers. For example, the celebrities get lots of money donated to their favorite charities if they win the task. This is the main reason why I like watching the show. In other words, there is a “purpose” behind all the chaos. Recently, I tuned in to the show and much to my disappointment some of the celebrities were wearing “fur.” Saddened by what I saw, I thought to myself how could someone who is so caring on one charitable cause totally dismiss the suffering of innocent animals? It didn’t make much sense to me. Yet, it’s true that so many times people do often overlook the animals. Why can’t people care about animals too? It doesn’t have to be a competition between people and animals. Anyway, there they were in their fur coats. Yet, there wasn’t a thing I could do about it! People do have free will to wear what they choose. But the bigger question should be, why should an animal have to suffer for someone who wants to make a fashion statement? How about making a “compassion fashion” statement? Besides, it’s not exactly attractive wearing a dead animal. Moreover, it’s not like I would skin my dog and wear it. That would be barbaric! But when it’s not our dog or cat then society just accepts it as normal. Why should cruelty be accepted for certain types of animals? Cruelty doesn’t pick and choose. All animals experience pain and suffering. At any rate, I will only hope that those few celebrities were all wearing faux fur on the show. Although it’s no secret that those celebrities in particular are known for wearing “real fur.” And if they were wearing dead animals, I would hope that they would consider extending that same sense of charity for their cause to suffering animals as well. After all, shouldn’t compassion trump cruelty?
Search My Blog
- Hope Amid the Destruction of Our Coral Reefs
- The Guiding Light
- Awareness Is Empowering…
- ‘Tis the Season to Give With Purpose
- Health Matters: An Evening With Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr.
- The Liebster Blog Award Honorees
- A Sweet Surprise: The Liebster Blog Award
- Inspired by the Harvest Moon
- Embracing Compassion for All Living Things
- City Plans to Kill Ducks: People Outraged
- Tour de Turtles: A Race for Survival
- Addicted to Our Cars: Can We Break the Habit?
- Heartbreak, Happiness, and a Hero
- America’s Wild Horses: Can We Save Them?
- Redefining Success: Connecting With What Matters Most
- The Ultimate Betrayal: Pets Pay With Their Lives
- Treeless America: The New Normal?
- Reality Check: Compassion Versus Cruelty
- Nature And Technology: Can The Two Coexist?
- Can’t We All Just Get Along?